Thursday, October 14, 2010

I needs your help!


Well, here I am for my weekly blog post, and I am sad to say that I am not posting more.  But I feel like this blog post is something that will be beneficial to get feedback from sooner rather than later. Let me set the scene:
            6:00pm – Start watching “World of Jenks” on MTV
            6:12pm – Start writing this blog
            6:25pm – Stopped writing
            8:00-11:00pm – Watched my Thursday night programming
            11:47pm – Started writing again
Now I have gotten to thinking, mainly because the premise of World of Jenks is this… Andrew Jenks travels the US, his main purpose is to view peoples struggles, joys, and everything in-between.  Jenks get to know the people that are making up this world, and for some reason, something so simple is so addictive.
That brings me to the main part of my blog. As I am planning my senior project, I am beginning to draw up ideas and plans. I have some ideas but I am looking for something more. The ideas I have are pretty basic. And that’s the problem; there is nothing that separates the ideas that I have from the ideas that every other communications student has for his or her senior project.
The thing I love about documentaries is that not only do they tell a story, but they good ones change peoples lives. That is something I want my documentary to do. I have plenty of time to tell a story or to look into a subculture, down the road. My only problem is, I don’t want to do something that’s been done. Part of that is when I watch show like World of Jenks, I tend to picture my documentary being pretty similar, but changing a few things. Now here is where I need everyone’s help. I don’t want to “redo” a project that has already been done. I need your help to give me ideas. What do you think would be a documentary that would affect people for the better, change people, or open their eyes to something? You can either email me ideas at davidsondrew@me.com or put it in the comment box. Really, anyway you want to send suggestions is fine with me.
Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment