Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Flo-rida

Hey everyone,
As I am writing this blog I just wanted to keep everyone up to speed with things happening here in DC and other places as well. Tomorrow I am flying down to Orlando area to help a friend shoot a documentary he is working on. I cant tell you how excited I am to be able to work on a project like this. Being in school and no longer having accessibility to gear like I did in HS. But that hopefully will change soon, details after jump. All I really know about this project is that it we are shooting in Orlando, and it is about paintball. I am down with both of these things. I haven't played paintball since 9th or 10th grade and I miss it kinda. Everything except the cost that is.

I will write more upon returning and having time to digest it all. This brings me to my next little tidbit.

I have made some changes to gear I wish to buy for my senior project. That's probably a sigh of relief to my parents. If you recall, the first camera I had my sights on was a JVC GY-HM700U. This is at the top of the field right now. It shoots to cheap SDHC cards in formats that work with FCP and Premiere Pro. However, the price tag on this is around $7,000.

You - "$7,000? Thats alot of money Drew..."
Me - "Your right, but its awesome. But don't worry, I have settled on a cheaper option. I am hoping to buy a JVC GY-HD200. The difference is that this camera shoots on tape rather than memory cards, and it is older. In fact, its not even made anymore, I would have to buy it used."
You - "So your compromising?"
Me - "Kinda, but I have that covered as well. Instead of shooting on tape, I am going to buy a hard drive that is designed for the JVC camera. The price will be more money, but I will save money on the many tapes I would use to record the film."

So that is that. I still need help thinking about ideas for my documentary, see my previous post for more info.

Thats all for me tonight!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment